Summer Third Grade Reading Tutors
Tutor third grade students who have not yet met the Third Grade Reading Guarantee, two times a week for 60-minute sessions during the month of June.
Hourly tutor rate of $27.82
Cross Categorical Special Education Teacher – Logan Elm Elementary
This highly qualified teacher will be responsible for delivering specific course content in a differentiated collaborative model in elementary classroom. The teacher must be skilled in classroom management and implementation of individual behavioral intervention plans. Co-teach with general education teacher, as needed and make student specific accommodations. Reports to Building Principal and Director of Special Education.
Qualifications: State of Ohio Special Education License in Mild Disabilities/Intervention and
Desired Experience and/or Training:
- History of timely and accurate IEP completion.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in providing differentiated instruction to meet the needs of struggling students.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in using formative assessments to guide reading instruction.
- Applicant must not have had a recommendation for a Performance Improvement Plan on their most recent evaluation.
- Experience dealing with families and students from a diverse range of economic and social backgrounds.
- Teaching experience with developing and implementing lesson plans, classroom activities, and classroom management.
- Knowledge of research-based instructional strategies, methodology, and materials for students receiving special education services.
- Experience in analyzing student’s formative and summative data and differentiating classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues to improve instructional practices throughout the school.
- Knowledge in the use of technology within instruction.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, work closely with administration, district level curriculum department, and special education support team.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
- Develop and implement appropriate individual educational plans (IEPs) that support multiple learning and behavioral needs of students.
- Collaborate with general education teaching staff to maximize student involvement in the general education classroom/curriculum by supporting more inclusive learning opportunities for students. Request Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs), if needed, help develop and implement Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIPs) for students as needed.
- Monitor student progress and complete Quarterly Progress Reports.
- Support special education paraprofessionals and support their professional development in appropriate curriculum and behavior management areas.
- Administer Ohio Assessments, including alternative assessments.
Duties include preparing meals, serving students, washing dishes, and unpacking groceries. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Contact Ginger Selin, Food Services Director, via email at [email protected]
Applicants must be able to work independently and perform routine custodial duties. Completed applications should be returned to Jon Brown, Director of Operations, 740-474-7501 ext. 1205 or via email at: email@example.com
Substitute Bus Driver
Applicants must have good communication skills, the ability to work with individuals of all ages and the ability to obtain a CDL. Qualified applicants will receive all necessary training and support to obtain the proper license. Completed applications should be returned to Chris Yingling, Transportation Director, 740-477-7477 or via email at: [email protected]